You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Tue Mar 06 19:06:35 AEDT 2012

Environmental Permit Form

When do you need a Permit?

If you are planning an activity or project in state forest, such as a collecting seeds or plants, conducting a research project or organising a mountain bike race you need a Forestry Tasmania Environmental Permit.

Before providing a permit, Forestry Tasmania needs to make sure that the project will not affect any special values that may occur in the proposed activity area. We don’t normally prevent activities, but may have to specify some prescriptions so that these values (e.g. eagle nests or historical relics) are looked after.

The level of assessment required will depend on the potential impact of the activity. Note that a fee for this service may be charged for some commercial activities.

How do I get a Permit?

Fill out the form below, and we will contact you to let you know if we need any more information or assessment.

Need more information?

Contact us by email at

include title (ie Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr)

(grid references in GDA please)

Email a map to if available.

No attachments on this page