You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Fri Jan 04 15:57:34 AEDT 2013


Vehicle Call-ins

Any complaint to the Division about an unroadworthy vehicle should be forwarded to the Executive Officer, Vehicle Operations, DIER, 10 Murray Street, Hobart.

If the Registrar of Motor Vehicles receives a complaint regarding the unroadworthiness of a vehicle, the Registrar has the power to write to the registered operator of the vehicle requesting that they have the vehicle inspected at an Authorised Inspection Station, and to forward the inspection report showing the vehicle has passsed inspection.

People wishing to make a complaint must supply their name, address and date of birth (which is to be verified from the Database), registration number of vehicle, type of defect, date and location the vehicle was seen.  The complainant's details will be kept confidential.