Information Publication Scheme
The Department of Human Services Information Publication Scheme includes a range of information about our department and its programs.
About the scheme
Under the Freedom of Information Amendment (Reform) Act 2010 all Commonwealth agencies subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act), including the Department of Human Services, are required to have an Information Publication Scheme (IPS) plan.
The IPS commenced on 1 May 2011 and requires the department to publish a broad range of information and make it available for downloading where possible.
For access to documents listed below but which are not yet available for downloading, please contact the IPS Coordinator.
About our department
- Agency plan for the Department of Human Services
- Who we are: organisational chart and contact details
- What we do: A description of the functions and powers of the agency, statutory appointments and operational information
- Our reports and responses to Parliament
- Routinely requested information and FOI disclosure log
- Consultation: details of arrangements for members of the public to comment on specific policy proposals for which the agency is responsible.
- Our priorities
- Department of Human Services finances
- Our lists for the Department of Human Services
- Contact details: IPS coordinator who can be contacted about access to the agency's information or documents under the FOI Act
Contact the IPS Coordinator
Many documents are also available through our publications page.
The department will arrange for IPS documents, which are not available on this website, to be made available in hard copy upon request by either:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at:
PO Box 7788
Canberra Mail Centre ACT 2610
Please note that this mailbox is for Information Publication Scheme requests, unrelated emails will be deleted.