Terms and conditions of entry
- To enter, all you need to do is follow us on Instagram @tasmaniaparks and #freycinetnp100.
- Mark your images with a caption detailing the subject and location.
- Photos must have been taken within the boundaries of Freycinet National Park.
- You may enter up to 5 images.
- To enter, post your image using the hashtag #freycinetnp100 on Instagram. If an image is tagged but doesn't fit the criteria, it won't be accepted as a valid entry.
- All photographic images
submitted are subject to the Copyright Act 1968. Anyone other than the image owner using or providing
photographic images must have the written permission of the image owner. This includes images
published on social media which are also subject to associated policies stated
in the social media platform’s terms and conditions of use.
In the event of an image or images that contain
a recognizable person or persons being shortlisted as a potential prize winner,
PWS may request a completed release form. An Acknowledgement of use of image form (adult and minor) can be downloaded from the Tasmanian Government
Communications website: http://www.communications.tas.gov.au/channels/images.
Entries close midnight on Monday October 31st 2016.
Who can enter?
Anyone (except the judges) can enter, including DPIPWE and Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service (PWS) staff, friends and family.
Three winning images will be selected by the competition judges.
Winning entries will be featured on our social media platforms and on the Tasmanian Government (DPIPWE) intranet. Participant entries may also be added to a photograph database for future use to help with the work of PWS (refer copyright below).
- The entrant must have taken the photograph themselves.
- The entrant agrees to the use of their name and image when used by PWS subject to the reproduction rights as stated and inherent to the Instagram social media platform, unless they specify otherwise at time of entry.
- In the event that PWS wishes to reuse or repost an image entered in this competition we will endeavor to contact the photographer via the Instagram account through which they submitted their entry. Images will be credited wherever possible. However, if contact cannot be made or no response is forthcoming PWS will reuse or repost in accordance with the policies of Instagram.
- Please note drones are not permitted in Tasmanian national parks.
- Leave No Trace; PWS request that the capture of any image within the reserve system that it administers is conducted in the spirit of and adherence to the principles of leave no trace.
Photos will be judged on creativity, uniqueness and photographic quality.
The judging panel comprises:
Kip Nun – Journalist / Photographer, Coles Bay.
Richard Dakin – PWS Ranger in Charge Freycinet National Park
Lucy Norton – Freycinet National Park Volunteer and Freycinet Instagrammer
The winners will all be notified through social media platforms. Winning names and entries will also be made available on the Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service Facebook page.
The top three photos will be awarded a Double adult pass on Wineglass Bay Cruises Vista Lounge (valued @$280).
Failure to meet these terms and conditions may result in disqualification. The entrant is providing permission of entry and is consenting to these terms and conditions.
Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service reserves the right to cancel, modify or supersede the competition at any time if, in its sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.