You are viewing an archived copy of this website captured Wed Jun 14 14:57:05 AEST 2017
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Did you know?

Students with disability are encouraged and supported to attend their local government school.

Schools can assist students with a range of specialist services and resources.

Where to start

  • Speak with your child’s teacher or principal if you are worried about your child’s learning or development.

For your child…

  • An Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be developed, with your help, to identify goals for learning.
  • Educational adjustments will be made to the teaching and learning programme to help your child participate.
  • Specialist staff, equipment or technology may be used.

Tips for supporting your child

  • Talk with your child’s teacher regularly.
  • Share the achievements of your child’s goals and learning experiences with school staff.
  • Be a part of the discussions and planning for your child’s learning in partnership with their teacher.
  • At times of transition (changing year levels or schools) work with the school staff to help your child.

Where can I get more information:


Download the Print version of brochure

 Department of Education printable brochure

This page has been produced by the Department of Education.
Questions concerning its content may be directed by email to or telephone 1800 816 057.
You are directed to the disclaimer and copyright notice and a Personal Information Protection statement governing the information provided.